This website is a great place to find information about upcoming events. Also check the bulletin boards, outside doors, and regularly ask your child about important notes sent home regarding visitation,holidays, and other scheduled events. We send out newsletters twice each year.
Enrollment in dance instruction continues for a nine-month class session (September through May). The classes are designed to build on sequential levels of learning. Please consider enrollment to be continuous throughout the class term. If a student must withdraw, please notify us via phone or in person. Tuition will continue to accrue until notification is recorded.
Please have faithful attendance and be punctual for each class session and rehearsal. This responsibility enhances self-discipline and respect for group participation.
We reserve the right to cancel a class that does not have more than eight students.
We welcome discussion of a student’s progress and participation in our programs. Please feel free to ask questions and stay informed. Call or visit the studio for an appointment.
Recital Enrollment Fee - $75 ($90 family rate)
Due and payable at the time of enrollment, it is a NON-REFUNDABLE FEE that reserves a student’s place in his or her class and also covers the expense of the recital facility. Our goal is to refrain from selling tickets to cover expenses. The free admission to the public encourages full attendance by a receptive and interested audience.
Monthly Tuition - $50 for a single 45-minute class, with a sliding scale for more classes
Tuition is due the first lesson of each month for the duration of the nine-month session. Tuition is a flat fee that has been averaged to be the same amount each month regardless of holidays, absences or bad weather. Discounts are offered for multiple classes. Please see the front desk for specific prices.
Late Fee - $10.00
A late fee is automatically added if your payment is not made by the 15th day of the month. This fee is assessed for bookkeeping and account handling services.
-For Preschool through 1st Grade classes: a $100.00 costume fee, per class enrolled, is payable on or before October 31.
-For 2nd Grade and older, non-competition classes: a $100.00 costume fee, per class enrolled, is payable on or before November 30.
Our costumes are fun, bright and high quality—and they’re yours to keep after recital!
THERE IS A NO REFUND POLICY ON ANY TYPE OF PAYMENTS.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT DEBIT OR CREDIT CARDS, ONLY CASH OR CHECKS.
If your check is returned, it must be replaced by cash and a $15.00 service charge will be charged.
All classes will have at least one scheduled visitors' day during the year. Notes will be sent home with specific dates and times. Parents are urged to be present at these specific times, as recital details, costume illustrations and charges, and rehearsal schedules will be discussed. This is also your opportunity to observe student's progress.
Breaks and Closings
The studio is closed ONLY for Fall Break in October, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Spring Break holidays. Check the studio calendar on the website or in the newsletter, because breaks do not always coincide with Norman Public School Schedule. The studio does not close for the “Monday-only” and/or“Friday-only” breaks. See Calendar for details.
When weather conditions necessitate local school system closings, dance classes may not necessarily be canceled, as the weather and roads often clear up by 3 pm. Call the studio or check the website for confirmation of cancellations due to weather conditions. Announcements will also be made via the Facebook page.
In the event that a student cannot attend a regularly scheduled class, he or she may attend another class of similar status. THERE IS NO REDUCED TUITION RATE, NO CREDITS AND NO REFUNDS. Call the studio or check with the instructor to arrange a make-up class. It is best for the student to makeup this class within a week or two of the absence whenever possible.
FROM THE TOP
For your convenience, we offer a full-service dance boutique right inside the studio. Open during regular office hours, you may purchase shoes, dancewear, and accessories from top dancewear lines at From The Top. We carry the lines recommended for your class. Other brands may be acceptable, although we strongly advise you to check with us before hand.
- Watch for notes in your child's dance bag! Most non-competition information is distributed via notes. Competition information is almost exclusively distributed via email.
- Check the outside doors. Current and upcoming information is posted there.
- Be sure to attend visitors' day—so much helpful information comes out of those meetings.
- PLEASE BE SURE TO LABEL ALL DANCE ATTIRE, SHOES, DANCE BAGS, AND ANY OTHER DANCE ACCESSORIES WITH THE STUDENT’S NAME IN PERMANENT INK.
- Have a special dance bag that contains only the items needed for class—and always have those items in the bag!
- Tights are required dance attire—they are made to take the place of underpants.
- Before every class, remind your dancer to use the restroom and no gum is allowed in class.
- Dancers should be ready and wearing the proper shoes before a class starts. Classes are delayed by those who come into class and then proceed to get ready.
- Tell your child to wait inside the studio for you to pick him or her up. You may either wait in the "drop-off" line to drive right in front of the doors, or park and come inside to pick up your child.
- Parents are responsible for small children that they bring. Please do not allow them to run loose in the lobby or dance shop.
- Please help keep our studio clean. Put your trash in the trash cans, etc.